Autotrol Water Softener

Old 02-22-07, 06:45 PM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Autotrol Water Softener

I have an Autotrol Water Softener Model #255?440 which is a little over 1 year old and the water softener works good through all cycles but it always puts to much water in the brine tank.. I have installed a new injector and also installed a new screen,also I set the salt setting lower and it still puts to much water back in the brine tank...When it regenerates it draws the water out of the brine tank like its supposed to but always puts to much water in the brine tank during the rapid rinse process..Any help with this problem would be appreciated...Thanks

Old 02-23-07, 02:04 PM
T
What is too much water? 3 inches, 1 foot? over flowing? What is the size of your brine tank in diameter and heigth? What is the size of your mineral tank?
The salt dial setting determines the amount of water that returns to the brine tank in the refill postion. Example: 9 lb salt setting would put approx. 3 gallons of water back into the brine tank to melt 9 lbs. of salt for the next regeneration. There should be a small rubber ball installed behind that dial. You could un-screw the salt dial and check to see if it installed in the valve or not. If not your going to need one. (you don't have to turn off the water to check this) Not knowing some of the other settings,size of the unit, hardness, iron amount,what is all on soft water, the number of people in your family make it hard to help you. All these things will help in diagnosing your problem. Thanks, Good Luck

Old 03-05-07, 07:04 AM
J
I have the same problem.

I fixed this problem by buying a new salt tank with a automatic float shutoff (like in your toilet). This way the tank will stop filling once it hits a certain level regardless of what the softener is trying to do.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: