Kinetico 4040

Old 03-27-07, 11:31 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kinetico 4040

Anyone in here currently using this water softener? If so how do you like it? Pros or cons. Leaning towards Kinetico softener an RO system for the house. From what I have read so far on this forum, there doesn't seem to be a lot of negative posts about Kinetico other than the price. I do like the fact that it does not require electricity and that it uses softened water to backwash the tanks.

G.A.

Old 03-28-07, 05:08 AM
A
The MACH 4040s OD is Kinetico's top city water softener. You will be satisfied with the results and performance. It is a highly efficient softener and removes chlorine problems. Efficiency includes low salt and water usage.

Because it is a true demand unit, it only regenerates when it needs to, not needing to wait until 2am. It has a high flow rate and works on an "overdrive" meaning all four tanks are working at the same time during service.

Of course, it is non-electric so you will avoid all electrical problems and maintenance or service costs.

It has efficient backwashing and has corrosion resistant materials.

It has one of the longest most comprehensive warranties in the industry.

Kinetico's ROs are also top quality, Special, unique features provide benefits to the user that are not found in other units. Membrane life and function are the keys to ROs and Kinetico warranties are up to seven years, that's six years longer than most other companies. Kinetico provides a patented self-cleaning membrane system.

They use a hydraulically operated tanks which provide higher pressure and more volume as well as doubling the recovery rate with half the drained concentrate.

They are more expensive than most other softeners but the low on-going costs and higher quality of water is what most owners appreciate.

Andy Christensen, CWS

Old 03-28-07, 09:54 AM
J
The posts I see around the self-help forums regarding Kinetico products usually inquire about 20 year old units. Sounds like a pretty good service life to me.

Seems that most Kinetico owners are pretty quiet as they spend their time on other things than their water softener. Kinetico has been around a long time and has built up great brand loyalty. They have an extensive dealer/service network.

The loudest posts I've seen about Kinetico are usually from water softener sellers that have to sell against them.

As far as what Kinetico softeners cost, you have to justify the cost for yourself. You can't get a non-electric softener elsewhere at any price. Seems to me that cost is only a negative when you don't get what you paid for.

As always, free advice is worth what you paid for it

JMO... YMMV

Last edited by justalurker; 03-28-07 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-25-08, 04:43 PM
S
Question kinetico softner for well water

can any one recommend the softeners for well water 2ppm iron 1ppm manganese 20 gpg .tds 450 alk 296 no bacteria have some hydrogen sulfide though and <1 nitrates ph 8.1 thinking kinetico was wondering about the carbon filters on them after the softner how long they would last . thanks any hep would bi great

Old 04-25-08, 06:13 PM
A
Originally Posted by stepheninski View Post
can any one recommend the softeners for well water 2ppm iron 1ppm manganese 20 gpg .tds 450 alk 296 no bacteria have some hydrogen sulfide though and <1 nitrates ph 8.1 thinking kinetico was wondering about the carbon filters on them after the softner how long they would last . thanks any hep would bi great
If you were looking at a Kinetico, then a MACH 2060s would serve you very well. As for the sulfur smell, a simple carbon filter would not do the trick, at least for very long. You would need an on-going system that regenerates, backwashes, or cleanses itself.

Are you sure about the manganese results? That is pretty high.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Any replaceable carbon filter would have a very short life.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: