Fleck Upflow Valve?

Old 06-21-07, 09:57 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Fleck Upflow Valve?

I'm trying to decide which unit to purchase, and so far, I'm interested in the "upflow" concept.

The GE/Autotrol AvantaPure salesman did a great job, and has my attention, although it's a few hundred more than I was planning to spend, so I am trying to find an independent/local guy for a "generic" but great comparison. I've been calling around, but they all seem to quote different model numbers.

Here's what I know...
New House, OLD well
Hardness = 9 grains
Clear Water Iron = 0.5-1.2 (depending on who's testing!)
TDS = 0
3 people Mon-Thurs
5 people Fri-Sun
1" valve
Metered (not timer)

1) Is there a Fleck that does upflow?
2) Any suggestions or model numbers that I should be looking for specifically?

I'm hoping to decide and purchase a system this week, for installation in the next 2 weeks. I'm located just outside of Pittsburgh, PA, if you have any particular dealers that you might suggest!

Thank you!

Old 06-23-07, 08:54 AM
A
Thanks for the PM. I have responded.
Andy Christensen, CWS

Old 06-26-07, 06:30 PM
G
Pentair makes some great upflow valves

The following Pentair valves would be quite suitable for your application:-

Proflo - http://www.fleckcontrols.com/litads/proflo_lores.pdf
6700 - http://www.fleckcontrols.com/litads/6700_lores.pdf

The 6700 is available with variable brining, which is nice if you want to maximize your salt/potassium efficiency.

Obviously, your local water treatment professional should ensure that the system is built with a good resin crosslinked at 8% or higher. The injector should be as small as possible and the DLFC should be sized to ensure that you keep the resin bed as still as possible during regeneration to maximize the benefits of upflow regeneration.

The 0 TDS and widely fluctuating iron levels are concerning. The first step in selecting the appropriate water treatment solution is understanding the actual water quality challenges that you are facing.

Best regards & good luck

Greg

Originally Posted by dri_bee View Post
I'm trying to decide which unit to purchase, and so far, I'm interested in the "upflow" concept.

The GE/Autotrol AvantaPure salesman did a great job, and has my attention, although it's a few hundred more than I was planning to spend, so I am trying to find an independent/local guy for a "generic" but great comparison. I've been calling around, but they all seem to quote different model numbers.

Here's what I know...
New House, OLD well
Hardness = 9 grains
Clear Water Iron = 0.5-1.2 (depending on who's testing!)
TDS = 0
3 people Mon-Thurs
5 people Fri-Sun
1" valve
Metered (not timer)

1) Is there a Fleck that does upflow?
2) Any suggestions or model numbers that I should be looking for specifically?

I'm hoping to decide and purchase a system this week, for installation in the next 2 weeks. I'm located just outside of Pittsburgh, PA, if you have any particular dealers that you might suggest!

Thank you!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: