RainSoft water system Why did I lose Water pressure pressure?

Old 09-18-07, 10:53 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
RainSoft water system Why did I lose Water pressure pressure?

I have A RainSoft water filtration system for over a year now, Just recently I started experiencing a drastic loss of water pressure. I called my plumber out, thinking it had something to do with my well or my house piping sysyem. Upon his evaluation he bypassed the rainsoft equipment, at which he noted that the pressure was much better when the Rainsoft filtration system was bypassed. he informed me he does not work on these systems.

my question to who ever has knowledge about these sysyems, is do they have some kind of a filter in them that needs to be periodically replaced?, and if so how often and where is the filter located?, this unit has three different types of tanks, two sealed looking type canisters, and the salt container (container where the salt is in, and refilled from) Or is there anyone out there who may know any other reasons for this water pressure loss?, and what can I do to fix it?
Thank you for any help anyone can offer me in helping me restore my water pressure
Gary

Old 09-19-07, 10:28 AM
G
Pressure Drop through a softener

Resin attrition is one of the most common causes of pressure drop across a softener.

How old is the system, do both tanks have individual control valves & bypasses, or are the tanks connected together ?

Do you have a model number or any additional info for this setup ?

Old 02-29-08, 09:19 AM
H
Same problem, model AQ32CT8

I have the same problem with my RainSoft system. Mine is 14 years old, and until very recently has worked just fine.

I have the Amazon Q system, model AQ32CT8, with the Q2 (series B) valve and the optional charcoal bed. It is set up with bypass valves, but I can only bypass the entire system, not the two tanks individually.

When I bypass the system, the water pressure in the house is much higher. How can I get it working well again?

Thanks,

Harry

Old 02-29-08, 09:37 AM
H
Correction to previous post

I took a closer look at the bypass valves and I was wrong about them. I can bypass the two tanks individually. The pressure is not too low if I bypass the charcoal tank only, so the problem seems to be there.

Do I have to have the tank replaced, or can it just be refilled with charcoal?

Thanks.

Old 02-29-08, 10:34 AM
G
GAC Tank pressure loss

Carbon tanks should be rebedded about every 3-5 years for bacterial concerns alone, but if you ever notice significant pressure loss through the GAC system, then rebedding the tank is definitely a valid option.

GAC isn't expensive & you could have your local CWS do it or you could even take a crack at it yourself.

Since the system is 14 years old, you might want to give the mechanics an overhaul to ensure that it is backwashing properly.

Originally Posted by hstumpf View Post
I took a closer look at the bypass valves and I was wrong about them. I can bypass the two tanks individually. The pressure is not too low if I bypass the charcoal tank only, so the problem seems to be there.

Do I have to have the tank replaced, or can it just be refilled with charcoal?

Thanks.

Old 02-29-08, 05:24 PM
H
Thanks, Greg

Thanks, Greg. I will get the nearest CWS ( which I have already found on the wqa.org) to rebed the GAC system and take a look at the mechanics.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: