Kinetico Reverse Osmosis Problem

Old 10-28-07, 03:09 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Question Kinetico Reverse Osmosis Problem

I'm not sure what system I have, I can go look if needed. It has the 3 tubes and the quick flow tank. Under my sink. My system is not working, It runs non stop and drains the water. It wont fill the take. You can hear and see the water in the disposal. The tank will not fill. Is this a simple problem or do I really need to pay the crazy labor rate for them to fix it. The system is still covered.I'll have to just pay labor. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank You All!!!

Glennak voted this post useful.
Old 11-09-07, 08:41 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sorry Tony, your message kind of blended in....did you get the problem corrected?....If you had an older quick flow tank I would assume that the problem is with the tank itself....There had been a design flaw with with the quickflow that Kinetico has since corrected....let us know

Old 11-19-07, 02:47 PM
B
Tony I can definetly help you. You need to turn off the water to your system and remove your tank. Unscrew the black ring from the top of the tank and a standard filter wrench will do this. Turn tank over and drain all water out of it. Remover the rubber bladder from the tank and check for a tear. if the bladder is pear shaded you are gold, if the bladder is tube shaped it is replaced under warranty and just take it to your dealer and they will give you a new one for free. Okay now drain the tank again and make sure it is empty. Put the bladder back into it and screw the top back on tightly. turn the tank over and you will see a air fill nozzle and pump air into it till it reaches 8-10 psi. (MAKE SURE WHEN FILLING AIR THE VALVE ON TOP OF TANK IS OPEN)
reconnect it and your system should work.

It is very easy and i recommend you do this once a year. the tank slowly loses air which means it cant pump water out of the tank, and the old tube shapped bladders were defective.

Last edited by brenpierce25; 11-19-07 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-20-07, 08:58 AM
A
brenpierce25,

Well, hate to burst your bubble...or bladder that is, but this particular tank is hydraulically operated and not pneumatically charged, ie., there is no bladder as you say. The top canít simply be removed with a filter wrench.

Jpd38 stated correctly that there was a flaw in the early designed where one out of 20 did as is what happened here. Many Kinetico dealers just went ahead and fixed it, sometimes returning to manufacturer at no cost to customer, but that was some years ago and some dealers may not. Warranty should be seven years on parts and one on labor...in most dealerships for this RO.

Once this tank is operated correctly, it is a much better application for pressure, volume and refill capability than standard tanks. Get it fixed and you will be pleased.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: