Kinetico Model 60

Old 11-24-07, 07:33 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Kinetico Model 60

I have a model sixty was installed by me 1987 was fine for just me but as family grew was not keeping up on regen. I would have to go down and manualy regen to keep the water soft. It had a number 4 disc and the part you turn was stripped so I got a kit with a number 5 disc. Since i replaced that it quit working. Does not use salt if triggered manual you can hear unit working. I did not get a pawl kit but they looked ok. I'm not sure that they are in correctly but it ratchets when worked manualy. Any help would be appreiciated. Thanks

Old 11-26-07, 01:28 PM
A
If the number of users increased by a few, you say?, then the system should softener water as well as before. That menas there are some other hurdles that need to be jumped.

The resin could become deminished in volume or quality. With a system that aged, resin replacement may have been all you needed.

Or there may be dirt in the bottom of the brine tank and the salt dosage has to be adjusted. The float may need adjusting or cleaning.

Now that you tore it apart, you may have not put everything back exactly as it should be or a small piece may be missing or cracked.broken that is hard to see visually.

It may prove worth your while to have it rebedded and the valve looked at by a dealer.

Yes, it will cost you a service charge, but the system is 20 years old and will last another 20 years if you get it back in shape., properly.

Agian, the number of person, within reason, should have no affect on service; it will just regen more often, that's all.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 11-29-07, 08:49 PM
C
I have kept the tank clean and use mostly pellet salt. I pulled the float and tube up out of tank and the screen at the bottom looked clean like new.I did call the dealer they seemed to be very eager to do a service call. Said could run a couple of hundred to maybe $1200 if complete rebuild with new resin. I offered to bring the unit in but they seemed to be more interested in seeing it here. Talked about the plumbing and installation. Thats been the same since I installed it? I'm not sure what I want to do now. I rather take the unit in to be looked at and an estimate of repair it is not a big basement and a little hard to get to. Not a big chore for me to get out. I may call the other dealer down toward Ft Wayne for a second opinion.

Old 11-30-07, 09:21 AM
A
Sorry, you having difficulty. I left you a private message. The model is 20 years oldand would need some tuning up, anyway.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: