Lindsay Sense a Tronic Residential Water Softener

Old 12-03-07, 07:01 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Lindsay water softener continually has water running through it. Thus it is flushing all the soft water out of the system and we never get any soft water.
I would like to find a manual that shows me a blow up of the valving system so I can rebuild it. There are no more Lindsay dealers around here so I need to do this myself.

Old 12-04-07, 08:16 AM
A
I suppose your Lindsay is an Autotrol valve and there are manuals for that. More info would be needed to send you in the right direction. Can you find a model number on the valve or submit a picture?

These are valves are quite cheap and a replacement may be a better choice. How old is it? What are your source water conditions? How much salt do you usually use each month? How many people using the water? Does the water in the bottom of your brine drum look dirty or clean?

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 12-05-07, 06:10 AM
P

The only thing I know about this water softener is that it is a Lindsay Model 1830. Where do I find the valve model number? I have a manual that Ecowater sent me. They say that parts and valves for this unit are not made anymore so I am thinking I will have to get new o rings from my local True Value.
We are using about 40 pounds of salt per month but there isn't any soft water making it to the faucets or showers.
I am not sure of the mineral content of the water or the hardness because I purchased this house with the unit in it already. I am guessing it was installed in 1984 or so.
Thanks

Old 12-05-07, 11:21 AM
A
Well, that's 40 lbs of salt going down the drain then. It may prove worth your while to go ahead and get a new softener. Don't take shortcuts and get a quality unit.

A softener that old would need new resins as well. That drives the repair bill up yet again.

Have a few local companies give you estimates and let us know what they say.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: