waterboss softeners

Old 01-24-08, 10:32 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
waterboss softeners

I want to know if anyone has a waterboss 900 or 950 and knows if they like them or what the difference is. the 950 is suppose to be for city water .the 900 takes more iron out . other than that is the water good to taste? we buy bottled water now but i'd rather get away from that. i'm putting in another filter also to help out. i have 5 people in my household. thanks for any information. have a good day.

Old 03-10-08, 09:35 AM
D
Waterboss 900 ... Don't Buy It

I cannot recommend the Waterboss 900. In addition to myself, my brother bought one and we both had problems. He had to replace his timer within the first week. They say the part costs $180, but since it was under warranty, they replaced it free. The company wasn't as successful in diagnosing the problems with my unit and it took 5 months before it began to work. Ultimately, it was the same problem ... the timer. Finally, the company representative sheepishly told me it was a problem they were aware of and they were trying to fix. Once it started to work, it seemed to work o.k., but my confidence in the company and the produce is shot. I'd suggest looking at something that manufactured well enough to work when you first bring it home.

Old 03-11-08, 09:55 AM
F
Water boss? Eh. I've removed alot of water bosses in my career in the water business. HOWEVER I've serviced some that have lasted more than five years,and five years for a boss is good. Please,PLEASE shop around. Look at some Fleck softeners. You by no means have to get something digital that looks cool,get something that has credibilty(spelling?). Thoses bosses look great to the average consumer but I'm telling you,their costumer support is just rubbish. Their softeners are sold,and made to work,and they do....sort of...but not for more than five or six years usually. Put it this way: After working on and with Water Bosses,I wouldn't like to see anyone pay more that 425$ for one,they're just not worth it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: