Fleck 7000 Noise

Old 03-06-08, 08:43 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fleck 7000 Noise

I just purchased a water softener with a fleck 7000 valve all seems to be working fine except for the fact that when i turn on my upstairs bathroom and go into the garage there is a rather loud whine coming from the controller the whine ranges in pitch with the rapid blinking of the flow indicator on the unit faster blink louder sound? Is this normal? It was professionally installed. I have yet to hear what a regeneration sounds like but im assuming i have some sort of a problem? The only thing that will make it make that noise is when i fill the bathtub upstairs. It stops when i stop filling the tub.... Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-06-08, 09:17 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the "whine" is coming from the turbine wheel that clocks the water flow through the softener and is not a normal noise.

Could be a problem with the turbine wheel itself or there may be something in the turbine cavity hitting something when the wheel spins.

Regardless, this softener was professionally installed so bring this problem to the attention of the people you bought the softener from immediately.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: