Water Softener brine tank overflow

Old 03-17-08, 05:11 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water Softener brine tank overflow

I have a Rainsoft water softener that is between 10 and 15yrs old. It is set to go off every 3 days and I think my brine tank overflows every time it goes off now. I only have one salt block at a time in the brine tank. I have checked to see if the tube is clogged and it is not as I am able to manually run the softener and there are no problems filling and emptying the tank. Has anybody out there ran into a similar problem? Any advice is helpful. I have called the local Rainsoft repair man and he doesn't even return my calls. These systems are supposed to last 30+ years and I would rather repair than buy new.

Thank You

Old 03-19-08, 09:22 AM
F
MP,how's it hangin? The first thing I think of when a brine tank over-flows is the injector may be plugged up with something thus restricting the unit from being able to pull brine from the tank. If it can't pull anything out of there it's just going to keep going through the cycles including "Brine Refill" which will push raw water back into your brine tank for a set amount of minutes ON TOP of what it didn't remove. May be kind of confusing,but check that injector. Does the unit only over-flow when it automatically regens? Or does it do the same thing when you manually regen? Lemme know if you can't locate that injector and I'll help you.

Old 09-16-08, 03:05 PM
M
i am having the same problem as mpyoung33. my rainsoft tank overflows. can you help me to locate that injector? i am handy, but i know nothing about this system. they want $95 just to come out to look at it. also i have no manual for it as i bought it second hand and it was installed by a guy who used to work for culligan. i do not know how to set it up properly and my reverse osmosis filters probably need changed. can i get generic ones cheaper? if so where, menards, ace hardware, home depot?

thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: