Sears Water Softener Model 625.348320

Old 04-25-08, 02:11 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sears Water Softener Model 625.348320

I have a Sears Water Softener Model 625.348320 that continues to fill w/ water throughout all of the cycles and does not suck any water out. I have replaced the gasket in the venturi and it hasn't made a difference.

My next step is to replace the nozzle & venturi seal.

How do I know if the rotar & disc should be replaced? I'm not sure how to determine if the rotar & disc are too worn.

Lastly, after the final fast rinse cycle, I can tell that water is still running through the bypass valve to the softener. The only way to stop this flow is to close the bypass.

Look forward to any suggestions. Thank you!
drea08

Old 04-25-08, 02:29 PM
J
Start here... click here for Sears tutorial

This will also help... Sears softener troubleshooting

A search of this forum will return more posts then you'll ever want detailing the problems and repairs of your Sears softener.

Bottom line... clean/replace the venturi and seal, replace the rotor and seal (kit), and make sure the brine pickup is not buried in solidified salt. Use food grade silicone grease to lube the parts. NEVER use vaseline or any other petroleum product in a water softener.

Old 05-01-08, 02:48 PM
D
Thank you- I have cleaned and replaced the venturi and seal, replaced the rotor and seals and have also checked for solidified salt. But I have a few more questions:

1) Where does the large O-ring fit in relation to the rotar and disc? The O-ring sit below the rotor and disc, around the disc part, or above? I can't figure out from the manual where this should be so that everything seals properly.

2) Why is the inlet valve sending water through to the rotary valve when the regeneration cycle has completed? The tank continues to fill with water even after the regeneration cycle has stopped. the only way to avoid filling the tank is to place the bypass in closed position. Is there something in the bypass connection that is in open position?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: