Las Vegas Water Softener help

Old 05-08-08, 08:07 PM
L
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Las Vegas Water Softener help

I am in Vegas and am in the market for a new water Softener and may get a filter system to. I am looking at the Pelican combo system.. PSE 1800. I have two full baths and only 2 person in the house. I would like a no salt system but have heard all differant things about them and Vegas water.

I have read some of the post and it help. Have not gotten the water tested but have looked up the Las Vegas Water site and their test on the water. At this point I just want a system that works and is low in maint.

Old 05-08-08, 09:08 PM
J
"No salt" conditioners do not soften water.

You may as well stuff your money in a slot machine.

You'll stand a better chance of getting soft water.

Last edited by justalurker; 05-08-08 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-03-08, 07:12 AM
M
It depends on what results you want

If you want slippery water then you are going to want a salt softener. If you are trying to protect your appliances from hardwater build up you will be okay with a conditioner like a descaling device.

justalurker is right that a no salt system won't softener your water, because the minerals will stay in the water, but those minerals are good for you and salt isn't.

I suggest looking at all your options and talking to each company and see who gives you the most truthful advice. No single system is going to fix everything, look into each and see what each system will and won't do. A good company will tell you the pros and the cons of their system.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: