Fleck 6700 yoke position

Old 05-15-08, 10:46 AM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fleck 6700 yoke position

have a Fleck 6700 and the membrane blew out a couple of months ago. Plumber fixed it BUT after a couple of weeks I noticed he did not reconnect the brine tube to the control head. I did that did not hear the system regen. Now when I tell it to regen it does it in less than 30 minutes. I think the yoke may be set to bypass, the two bypass plugs are in line with the pipes (as -- -- ) and i am wondering if they should be [ -- | ] instead. I called the plumber but ... also what is the difference between UPFLOW and DOWNFLOW brining on the 6700? Thanks

Old 05-15-08, 11:07 AM
J
No brine line connection to the 6700 control head? That should have resulted in the 6700 sucking air the next time it regenerated and then pumping water on the ground at the end of regeneration when the 6700 should have been putting water back into the brine tank to make more brine for the next regen.

I'd get the plumber back to recheck everything at no charge. If it were me I'd look for someone who is a water treatment professional and knows what they are doing and avoid that plumber in the future.

IIRC the bypass is in service when the tabs are inline with the inlet and outlet.

The bypass is in bypass when the tabs are across the inlet and outlet.

Downflow (co-current) brining is when the brining stage of regeneration flows the brine through the resin IN (with) the direction of service flow.

Upflow (counter-current) brining is when the brining stage of regeneration flows the brine through the resin AGAINST (opposite) the direction of service flow.

The 6700 is available in both configurations and they differ in internal parts.

Logic infers that (upflow / counter-current) brining in the opposite direction of service flow should result in a more thorough generation of the resin.

Upflow (counter-current) brining is common in twin resin tank softeners that use a packed resin bed and uncommon in single resin tank softeners such as yours.

Last edited by justalurker; 05-15-08 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-15-08, 07:25 PM
E
Right, which is why I was wondering about the bypass positions, all the exploded views show the parts but not the operations. The plumber is really a water treatment prof and has done well for 5 years. I have called and will chat with him on this. I finally found the manuals, I have a single tank so I will read up on the down flow one for the perfect settings. Thank you. This has been very helpful.

Old 05-16-08, 09:18 AM
E
Fleck 6700 downflow/upflow

justalurker, an update. when I was going thru the upflow process and downflow process I noticed that upflow process has [Option Setting Level #1 - Programming Chart for Variable Brining Valves] has 6 steps and when I go thru the process on my system it has 6 steps. Do you think this means I have a 6700 upflow with variable brining valves? P.S. take it easy on twelvepole -- I like your method of answering. you da' man.

Old 05-17-08, 11:06 AM
G
Fleck 6700 options

The 6700 is available in a variety of configurations.

Certain features are only available with the correct piston, cam and programming options.

What color is your cam, and what is the regen. sequence listed on your front display with the red lights ?
ie: Tank fill first, Brine/rinse first, or backwash first

Old 05-26-08, 02:41 PM
E
Fleck 6700

Greg, The cam looks gray (definitely not red or yellow). and the order is Tank Fill; Brine Making; Brine/Rinse; Backwash.

Old 05-26-08, 06:05 PM
G
Variable Brining

That's definitely a variable brining configuration.

Feel free to post your programming (both levels) if you'd like it tuned-up.

Old 05-26-08, 07:53 PM
E
Fleck 6700

off
end lvl 1

F 0
d 0
E 1.061
r 631
P1 105
J OFF
A OFF
6 OFF
U 1
o 2
7 3
F 1
9 4
P OFF
end of lvl 2

Old 05-27-08, 08:35 AM
G
Programming

That profile does not have variable brining enabled.
The 7-3 setting is cauing it to simply be a "meter-delayed regeneration" system.

A few details from you, and we can fix that.

-How many cubic feet of resin does your system have ?
-Is it standard resin, or something specialized like SST or Hydrolyte ?
-What speed BLFC do you have - 0.25, 0.5 or 1gpm ?
-How big is your brine tank, and does it have a grid/deck ?
-What is your average influent/inlet water pressure ?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: