My water softener resin tank is sweating like crazy!!!

Old 06-10-08, 08:34 AM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My water softener resin tank is sweating like crazy!!!

Is there an insulator or foam sold to insulate the softener resin tank? Mine is located in the basement and my home is exposed so part of the basement is garage. It is air conditioned and heated but in the real humid weather the resin tank is dripping! I aimed a box fan at it but would rather not have it going all the time.

Old 06-10-08, 04:19 PM
A
A fan probably won't help much. There are tank jackets and these will help a little to differentiate the temperature between the air and the cold water in the tank. jackets are available through plumbing supply stores or through a local dealer.

A cheaper way would be to place a kitty litter box or some other plastic container that will hold about a gallon of water under the softener--you might have to undo the plumbing. This will hold the water till you can drain it or remove it somehow. Drop a little bleach in it to avoid bacterial or organic growth.

Are your water lines sweating, too?

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 06-11-08, 02:00 PM
B
Water lines are all insulated with pipe insulation. I would need to undo the plumbing like you said.

Old 06-11-08, 06:46 PM
A
Many softeners can be separated from the plumbing by a threaded or pinned connection. I hope you can get it taken care of.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: