Kenmore Water Softener problems

Old 06-27-08, 09:29 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Water Softener problems

Hello, here is my Kenmore water softener problem(s). I have a well. First, my water pressure dropped to trickle. Water softener was the culprit. So, with Bypass in 'bypass' mode, I have cleaned Venturi nozzle numerous times, cleaned rotor and disc, and examined valve and turbine. Now, with Bypass back in service mode, water pressure is great, but water is not draining when I cycle to Brine. Tank and brinewell are 75% full - flooded. There is no suction as water is flowing strongly out of drain hose and Brine valve assembly. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Old 07-01-08, 10:32 AM
G
Have used the interactive trouble shooting guide listed on the two sites listed on the second Sticky above these posts? The Morton salt site is very informative.

If you eliminated the problems with venturi and float, most probably you will need new seals and rotor, if your softener is more than 4-5 yrs old. It is the proper position of the rotor on these seals that facilitates the various filling, brining and backwash functions of this softener. It appears that a damaged/failed seal and rotor may be restricting these functions and causing the build up of water in tank.

Old 07-03-08, 02:48 PM
P
Thanks for the information. I'll take it apart again and inspect those closer. I had a service appt. scheduled today and no one showed! How would I know if the rotor needs replaced? And if it does, how do I know the correct position to install at? I would guess that the seals are fine, I'm not getting any leakage outside of the housing. Now it's time for more coffee!

Old 07-04-08, 11:17 AM
P
Update - Now I have electronic problem..

Hi, here is a July 4th update. I disassembled everything again last night. Cleaned it for the umpteenth time, examined it all, and put it back together. After putting the bypass back in "service", it sounded like it was back in working order. Water was flowing to/where it should. I plugged the softner in, and nothing came on. I had gotten the display wet the last couple of days cleaning out the salt, taking apart the housing, etc. (it wasn't plugged in). So, I let the display/timer dry overnight. Plugged it back in this morning. It comes on now, BUT I'm getting 'Error 3'. The cam and motor are cycling manually like they should. The electronics are plugged in accurately. Did I ruin the timer by getting it a little salty/wet, even though it was unplugged? Should I purchase a new timer and see if that solves it?

Old 07-08-08, 07:13 PM
P
Problem resolved...

Hello, my problem is solved! No, I didn't throw out the old softener It was dirty connections. I just had to clean the connections better and all is good. Softener has been running smoothly now since Saturday morning. Now, if I could only fix the Cleveland Indians...

Old 07-11-08, 08:40 AM
W
A Question if you don't mind

Hi
I am having the same water trickling problems you experienced.
Could you contact me to let me know how you fixed them?
Thanks Chris
cwright@fjg.ca, wrightchris22@hotmail.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: