kentico "200" and "vx" system

Old 07-14-08, 10:37 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question kentico "200" and "vx" system

My neighbor lost his home in the lending deal. I bought his water system. It is a Kentico softener with only "200" on the tanks. There is a large pre-filter that I will be installing. My real questions start at the drinking system. Is there a guide/map. as to where all the lines run to and from? I think I have them hooked up the way they came out of his house. He lives right next door, so the city water we both have should be the same and I should have no need to change/add any equipment.

I will need much longer drain lines for the softener and ro unit. Can I get them at Lowe's, or do I have to go to a Kentico dealer? I am planing on changing the pre-filter, do I need to take the whole unit, or just the old filter? again do I HAVE to go to a Kentico dealer to get the filter?

As for the ro unit, the blue indicator was all the way up when I removed the unit, should I replace the 3 filters? and if so how much am I looking at? My local dealer is not the nicest group of people, I have dealt with them before on other business. I don't want to give them any more of my money than I have to. But their two stores are the only ones that came up when I typed in my zip code. I'm in eastern Ohio.

So I have so many questions. A plummer friend is coming over in the morning to help install the unit. Any links to the hose connections would be the biggest help.

I am mounting the unit on to the wall in the utility room right under the sink for easy access. Is this a good idea? I have pictures if they will help.

thanks
Eric

Old 07-15-08, 04:42 AM
A
Originally Posted by malious intent View Post
My neighbor lost his home in the lending deal. I bought his water system. It is a Kentico softener with only "200" on the tanks. There is a large pre-filter that I will be installing. My real questions start at the drinking system. Is there a guide/map. as to where all the lines run to and from? I think I have them hooked up the way they came out of his house. He lives right next door, so the city water we both have should be the same and I should have no need to change/add any equipment.
Well, there is no model '200', maybe a 2030 or 2060 or something like that. Are the softener tanks black and wrapped or smooth? (Look at the RO picture below to see the difference. How old is the system? What are the dimensions of the tank?

What do you mean by 'large' filter? Everything is relative. Can you describe it a bit more? height/width?

I will need much longer drain lines for the softener and ro unit. Can I get them at Lowe's, or do I have to go to a Kentico dealer? I am planing on changing the pre-filter, do I need to take the whole unit, or just the old filter? again do I HAVE to go to a Kentico dealer to get the filter?
Depending on you model, you can get it at a home supply center. Just cut off a small section and go-n-compare. What do you mean "change" the filtre? Without know which filter it is using, it is impossible to say. Some are generic some are proprietary. Do you have a picture?

As for the ro unit, the blue indicator was all the way up when I removed the unit, should I replace the 3 filters? and if so how much am I looking at? My local dealer is not the nicest group of people, I have dealt with them before on other business. I don't want to give them any more of my money than I have to. But their two stores are the only ones that came up when I typed in my zip code. I'm in eastern Ohio.
How many hoses are coming out of the tank? 4? The one on the right is the newer Kinetico K5 model. Does it look like the one on the left? Is that Clearwater or Gordon Bros?

So I have so many questions. A plummer friend is coming over in the morning to help install the unit. Any links to the hose connections would be the biggest help.

I am mounting the unit on to the wall in the utility room right under the sink for easy access. Is this a good idea? I have pictures if they will help
thanks
Eric

Sounds like a good place to mount it. Are you connecting it to a fridge?

Good luck and you got a deal.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 07-15-08, 09:00 AM
M
Exclamation

current fridge has no icemaker etc the new one will

Im not going to say which dealer as i might have to deal with them in the future.

I was in his place today and found a bunch of paper work!!!

I added hyperlinks to my photo bucket account. I hope it is not to much info.

it is a drink wtr sys plus vx 01 "model 60" installed on 07-13-2002.

hardness-20
iron-.5
tds-350 it is city water but chlorine and ph were not tested.

the top of the storage tank looks like this

And here is the ro unit on the mountting board i made

my main question is, what line goes where. there are 3 from the tank to the unit, what order do they go in? the manual does not show this. i dont want to screw it up!!!

here is a drawing of how it is hooked up now

here is the way it was tied into the plumbing at his place

the prefilter is a flow-max with blue endcap 20 inches long and says it is reusable, but when i opened it black "gunk" fell out and continues to whenever you tap it on the floor.

here is the pre filter unit

here is the softner tanks 41 inches tall and 27 inches around or 8 inches across they are smooth but you can see the weave of the material used to make them.

here is the bypass unit

here is the tap

the disk on top of the tank is a "2"

here is some writing put on the main tank when it was installed

here is the label on the main tank

here is the brine tank

these are the manuals I found
drinking water system

softener

filter changer

flow-max

to change a filter

safety guide

Last edited by malious intent; 07-15-08 at 10:53 AM. Reason: added content
Old 07-15-08, 05:48 PM
M
the pre filter is sold by kenitico. it is the 20 inch 20 micron unit. new filter is like 15 bucks.

Old 07-16-08, 06:06 AM
A
Thanks,
I will get back with you asap.

I could try to get a manual to you. There are some additional aspects for the RO connection that might influence its productivity.

Thanks you patience.
Andy

Old 07-16-08, 09:06 AM
M
ok good we are installing it tonight or tomorrow moring. he said the three pr lines were hooked up right, but did not understand the "t" in the main line to the RO. Im gonna pick up a new pre filter, he said to take this one to the car was and spray it out, the paper work says you can do that, but for 15 bucks ill just get a new one. he is installing it for free, he owes me a favor, so i only have to pay cost of materials.

Old 07-16-08, 01:55 PM
M
just got home from the kentico dealer. they looked up the system and they are the ones that installed it. It has a number 2 disk on top. She said it is a "k60" unit and was/is "top of the line". I got a new 20/20 filter, and wall mount for the unit since we are using "cpvc" to plum it in.

Then we came to the RO unit. I have a vx1. I showed him the diagram I posted here. He said it was all wrong. and finally gave me a "copy of the store diagram" I had to ask 5 times. Here is what they gave me. I re did the unit according to the paper. He said they ont use the "green" port at all anymore. but said since i have it to keep it. is this normal? second, I do not have the "check valve" shown on the line to the union tee. Do I need this? it was not on the other system. There is a part number for it, 8954 should I buy this and install it?

They also had allot of bottles to add to the systems, are these needed?

I guess I will install as is and pay 15 bucks to have them come test the water quality and pressure to make sure I have the right disk. and everything hooked up right.

Let me know what you think

Old 07-17-08, 05:44 PM
A

I do not have the "check valve" shown on the line to the union tee. Do I need this? it was not on the other system.
Yes, you will need to check valve if you are using the QuickFlow tank (black). It is usually placed on the right of the RO near the post filter.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 07-18-08, 10:25 AM
M
tell me what i can do if anything to make it run better. you said before that there were things you can do to make it more efficient.

It is being installed right now. Wish me luck. I should have pictures tonight

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: