Water Softener NOT Softening!!

Old 07-19-08, 02:40 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water Softener NOT Softening!!

I have been having problems with my softener and lately it seems that I have to add water to get it to soften. Today I added water and when the water rose, it was almost a milky white! Is the water saturated?

One other piece of information.....after it regenerates....it continually makes a water running type of noise and seems like it never makes it to "stand by" it seems to stay on the fill cycle. I check the water and there is about 3-4 inches of water above the salt grate.

Please help!

Old 07-29-08, 06:35 PM
F
In order to properly diagnose your problem we would need to know what type of system you are reffering to? It appaers to have a stuck or broken brine valve or checkvalve in the brine tank

Old 08-11-08, 07:03 AM
A
Originally Posted by fisherman-bob View Post
In order to properly diagnose your problem we would need to know what type of system you are reffering to? It appaers to have a stuck or broken brine valve or checkvalve in the brine tank

Good News!....kind of

The unit (soft minder twin or Econominder 8500 or Twinflo 100e) was working great....but the water always seemed just a little too soft. Since I could not find a manual (evidently got one after finding out the different names), I called the C people out to do a maint check....and ever since I had the problem.

Anyway, I had them come back out and after many $$ later, they replaced the valve & piston and everything is working fine now.... Still the water is a little too soft but now that I have a manual, I will make some changes after a few cycles.

Thanks for the help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: