brown sludge in our PH balancer

Old 07-26-08, 09:44 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brown sludge in our PH balancer

After draining the water to work on a pin hole leak in one of the feeder pipes for our PH balancer(with help from one of your other forums) I noticed some brown stuff near the top of the calcite??. It looked solid but I poked at it and its more like a thick mud. Any idea what this is and whether or not I need to get the tank cleaned out?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...3/IMG_0962.jpg

Old 07-26-08, 09:50 PM
F
Sorry, but this is a new question...

I have a Purex Minimax 250 pool heater. The power light is on but none of the other lights will go on--the thermostat, aux, press, or heat. The unit is 12 years old and has worked fine. Does it pay to try to fix it? It is getting enough gas and water pressure. If there was a stuck gas for water valve how would I know?

Old 07-27-08, 10:09 AM
A
Originally Posted by Novice134 View Post
After draining the water to work on a pin hole leak in one of the feeder pipes for our PH balancer(with help from one of your other forums) I noticed some brown stuff near the top of the calcite??. It looked solid but I poked at it and its more like a thick mud. Any idea what this is and whether or not I need to get the tank cleaned out?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...3/IMG_0962.jpg
Details, details, details. Answers will come more easily if you describe your complete equipment, operation and water quality.

What kind of pump do you have? What diameter of plumbing leads to the system? What type of valve are you using? What are your water conditions before and after the system? What is the diameter/height of the tank? Do you have other equipment?

Calcite can also act a sediment filter so it is mostly collecting precipitated or organic iron according to color and consistency in your picture.

It doesn't look like it is backwashing out.

Give us more detials.
Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: