Need Help Installing Kenmore 420 Series Water Softener

Old 08-03-08, 08:30 AM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help Installing Kenmore 420 Series Water Softener

Guys,
DoItYourself always rocks. I have just registered myself here. Let me tell you my frustration.

I purchased Kenmore Elite 420 series water softener from Sears.com and also bought the installation package + 3 years service agreement.

After one week, they delivered the water softener. No body called me for the installation. One week went by and still I didn't hear anything from Sears installation dept. for the installation. I called Sears 3 times to check the status of the installation but every time I get the same answer, "We have called the installer and they will get back to you".

After two weeks, the Sears authorized installer called me and apologized me as he was out of town. He gave me an appointment.

Just today I got an email from Sears mentioning that the installer has canceled my order and now he is not going to install the water softener.

Sears has only two authorized installer in our area and they both are not responding to my order. Out of frustration, I thought of doing this damn thing on my own and found out this forum.

So guys, Can someone please help me to install Kenmore Elite 420 series water softener? or guide me for other alternatives?

Thanks.

Old 08-03-08, 02:04 PM
A
Sorry you received poor service from Sears. This is not unusual when BigBox stores sell water equipment. They don't know the equipment, don't install it and won't service it.

Can I aks why you chose this brand?

Look at this site for some help with your unit.

http://www.kenmorewater.com/website/...ion/index.html

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 08-11-08, 03:32 PM
G
Is your house already plumbed for a water softener? If so, connecting the softener to the plumbing will be as easy as following the instructions in your Kenmore manual using the installation kit provided.

If you are not plumbed for the softener, you would have to get to the main incoming water line and make connections for IN and OUT for the softener including a Bypass valve. A drain is also needed. You may need a plumber's help for that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: