Kinetico float submerged

Old 08-17-08, 10:07 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kinetico float submerged

My husband let our Kinetico water softner run dry of salt...he does this every year And as usual, we have no soft water even though we have put salt back in the unit. I have been "charging" it several times to coax it into producing, but to no availe. I took a look in the float tube and noticed the float bell was submerged. I have a feeling it is supposed to be above the water level. I assume it's stuck?
Any thoughts? It looks like the water level in the tube is around 15 inches...a good five or six inches above the submerged float.

Thanks!

JNSwater

Old 08-24-08, 01:38 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Sounds like you know how to manually recharge your system. Place system in brine draw cycle and disconnect the brine line from the valve head. Lick your finger and place it on the brine elbow. It should pull your finger into the elbow. If so, replace the brine line and pull brine assemble from salt tank. See if float stem moves up and down freely. If not, unit is not drawing brine and if you don't know about Kinetico's, I wouldn't mess with it. Call a service tech.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: