Used Kinetico 51 purchaser with some newbie questions

Old 08-28-08, 09:05 PM
K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used Kinetico 51 purchaser with some newbie questions

Hello all,

Purchased a used Kinetico 51 (with dual tanks) however the instructions that came with it are nothing more than an advanced sales brochure.

I was able to assemble the tanks quite easily. And biermech was kind enough to help me differentiate between the drain line and the brine line.

Now I'm wondering if there a quick and dirty faq that will run me through the initial startup and basic maintenance. Thanks.

Old 08-29-08, 07:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you look at the top of the valve there is a clear disc with the words "brine rinse backwash a space brine rinse bachwash a space. Dead center of the disc is a slot. Put a screw driver in it and turn. Look closely and you will notice you are turning a tab. If you push down and turn, the tab will meet with a lip (look very closely and you will see what it is turning) and the resistance will increase. At that time you will be turning the control disc. This is how to start a regeneration. Turn the control disc slowly until you here water start to run. Let the system regen and come back in a hour. You will notice the control disc lip is in the space between the words backwash and brine rinse. One tank is now regenerated. Start a regen in the other tank.
Kinetico does not have an owners manual that explains how to maintain the system but, like you said, a sale brochure. Keep me posted as to your progress.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: