Culligan Softener Piston: Can I do it myself?

Old 09-04-08, 08:07 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Culligan Softener Piston: Can I do it myself?

My water softener, although only 1y old, drains water constantly. After researching online I believe it may be the piston or seal/ring.
Are these items things I can buy and install myself without having to pay a tech. to fix my new softener??
How would i change those parts? My manual is very limited when it comes to instructions of course because they want you to pay $200 to have some guy push a few buttons.

Old 09-04-08, 08:21 PM
Z
At 1 year old, you should still have a warranty to cover just about anything that might be wrong.....

Old 09-04-08, 08:29 PM
C
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Do you have Fleck or Clack control valve? They are the only ones that have a piston and seals. If so, what model?

Put it in by pass to stop the water flow and you can unplug it too.

Old 09-04-08, 08:44 PM
C
i have bypassed the water... but wow how do I know what kind of valve I have?? :S This is my first water softener ( I'm 23 and female ... not saying I'm dumb just water softener illiterate)

Old 09-05-08, 07:09 AM
C
Excuse me, I don't know what I was thinking, you said you have a Culligan... They use a copy of a Fleck with a piston, seals and spacer design. So yes you could need a new piston and seal kit but I don't know your mechanical ability to be able to say you can change the parts.

In many cases the wearable, or consumables aren't under warranty. Seals and pistons are usually considered as consumables but call Culligan and ask about warranty etc..

Old 09-07-08, 04:39 PM
C
thank you so much!!!! it is such a breath of fresh air talk to someone who actually knows what they're talking about. if only i had a manual that showed where that part is and how i can fix it. Do you have any knowledge of a place online that could show me where it is or would you know? i have the medallist 8" model with a time minder or some catchy device name lol.

Old 09-07-08, 08:12 PM
C
You may have Culigan based on a Fleck 2510. You can get a manual at
www.fleckcontrols.com.

Look at pictures of the 2510 and see if it doesn't look the same, if it does download the manual. Or go to Culligan's web site to see if you can download the manual.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: