Kinetico Mach 4060 plus RO-Pricing

Old 09-06-08, 04:41 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Kinetico Mach 4060 plus RO-Pricing

Hi I just signed up for the mach 4060 with an RO system. I got a installed price of 6300.00. It was pretty high but I cant go with something that will require a powersource.

They are drilling the hole in the granite counter top for the faucet and installing the drain around the house about 25 feet to the back yard where the unit will be installed.

Is this priced way out there? or does it seems within reason. I searched for awhile but didn't see any similar systems or anyone offering a better warranty.

Let me know what you think.

Old 09-06-08, 05:04 PM
A
Price is relative to the part of the country you are from. Yours is more than they are where I am but we lived in a depressed area. Where do you live?

Are you installing it outside? What was the reason for the 4060 model, I mean what special feaures does it come with?

What was the model of the RO? Did they explain any special or unique features or benefits with the Kinetico system?

What was your water test results.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 09-06-08, 08:25 PM
J
Of coarse I didn't right down any of the numbers but here is what I remember.

PH 8
TDS 320
Chlor 1.5

They told me that with family size the 4040 is almost to small and the 4060 would work with no problems. I have 4 kids and me and the wife plus we get visitors about 4-8 times a yr Yes it will be installed outside.

the RO is the one in the box that can take up to five diff filters.

We are just north of Sacramento, Ca.

Last edited by JerandManda; 09-06-08 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-07-08, 07:12 AM
A
OK, the RO is the K5 model. Great choice. Has features no other RO has and is certified to remove more contaminants than any other production RO. Great choice! Wait till you see the pressure at the faucet! Are you hooking up to the fridge?

Not sure why he said the 4040 would be too small but I do prefer the 4060 because of it backwashing abilities. Maybe your hardness was too high.

I would try to protect the valve from direct sunlight. Can you cover the machine with some kind of block from the sun?

Good choice in equipment and it will serve you for decades.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 09-07-08, 07:16 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Personally, I think the price is ridiculas. You don't use your water 24 hours a day so why buy 2 water softeners. With a twin tank system, that's what you're doing. You said you can't go with something that requires a power source. If you could save $4000.00 could you? Or is it the fact that there is no power available? I've been with companies that sold for that high, I've personally sold for that high and I've fix units that sold for that high. They all work the same. The all produce the same results (if you use like media ie..resin-resin, carbon-carbon). Do some more research and you will find a system for around $2000.00 that will give you a good warranty and will provide you good water.

Old 09-07-08, 07:55 AM
A
A twin-tank system is not two softeners. I have seen people try to put two electric single tank models together
and they simply don't work.

There are many fine single-tank systems. Some people just want the quaity of a twin tank,
plus the chlorine removal.
They will produce good water, some want great water.

Here are two Water Bosses

Two Culligans

Old 09-07-08, 09:24 AM
Andy,

Don't take it personally. I just can't see a great advantage of a family needing a twin tank system especially for $6300.00. I've seen a kinetico last 3-5 years and I've seen them last 20 years. The same goes for a Fleck, Culligan and Sears. Why spend big bucks when the small money will do the same job?

Old 09-07-08, 09:38 AM
C
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
JerandManda, I agree with biermech, the price is a rip off. And now you are tied to the local dealer for service and parts because the Kinetico control valve is proprietary. So is the RO. The dealer can charge you any amount he wants to.

Unless you actually require softened/filtered water 24/7, you don't need two resin tanks and two filter tanks. As miermech says, for the difference in price, you could have run all the 120 vac power you needed, to anywhere it was needed.

Andy's profile says he is a sales trainer for Kinetico and I hear that he also sells Kinetico equipment. His comparing two Waterboss or Culligan softeners to a twin tank type softener is disingenuous and offensive. The true comparison would be to compare Autotrol's Soft'n Ready or an alternating motor controller with two softeners using Clack valves or... two interlocked Fleck 2510s, 5600s or 7000s etc.. That is the only true comparison.

BTW, there are many more twin tank type softeners using Fleck 9000 or 9100 control valves than there are Kinetico valves, and they are much less expensive; by up to $5000 depending where you buy them. And they are industry standard and not proprietary. And they can be used in the combination (over under) configuration that you have bought; again for thousands less than $6300!

Kinetico uses the same resin and salt tanks and resin and carbon etc. as all other dealers, so you are paying for the Kinetico control valve AND the Kinetico name along with their annual millions of dollars of advertising.

Although it's too late now, maybe this will help someone else, had you looked at a local dealer's Autotrol, Clack or Fleck control valved equipment, and an industry standard RO, you could have saved many thousands and.... had you looked into buying online, you could have saved $5000+/- including hiring a plumber (and electrician) to install it if you didn't want to or couldn't DIY.

Below is a link to a Kinetico dealer's web site. At the top of the page a lady is standing by a combination filter (over/under tanks) and a softener. Both pieces of equipment are using the Clack WS-1 control valve. Notice the same tanks are used below for the 4060 you bought for the largest part of the your $6300.

http://waterdoctorofyakima.com/IRON___SULPHUR.html

Old 09-07-08, 12:34 PM
A
Hi Gary,

I was wondering when you would come back. Gary Slusser is using the ID Churlish (which I suppose fits very well) even
though he has been banned (twice) from this forum. Speaking of disingenuous!

That's OK though. If you need to hide behind some enigmatic entity, I suppose that fits your charactor.
But, nonetheless, you are not supposed to re-enter on a forum that you have already been banned from.
I was wondring when your colors would show.

Well, good luck.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Oh, the old 7/24 argument went out years ago and no one is disputing that so no need to keep going on.
You can't win an argument no one is sharing with you. Who said he needed 7/24water?

The pictures are of my actual customers. The two Culligans and Water Bosses was a
fact and was a response to using two water softeners was the same thing as a twin. Simply, it is not.
Imagine that some have really tried to tie two togther for increase perfomance.

Never saw that site before but there was another page since you brought it up, Gary.
http://waterdoctorofyakima.com/WATERSOFTENING.php

Old 09-07-08, 02:51 PM
Damn Andy. This forum is to help the do it yourselfers and not to launch personal attacks at the ones who disagree with you. If the gentlemen decides to buy a Kinetico so be it. And if he decides to investigate more, that is ok as well. Showing pictures of your personal accomplishments is not giving a bias view which, in my opion, is what is needed here. I have 16 years of horror stories of ALL types of units but I don't share that.

Old 09-07-08, 04:03 PM
A
Biermech,

Sorry to have upset you. Are you saying we should NOT give a bias view when entering our opinions based on experience, training and education.
Uhm? that's an intersting concept. I believe that's just about what everyone here does. Is that not what an opinion is?

Naturally, there must be a great deal of objectivity but subjective views are also a great part of these forums.

You may be right that showing individuals' attempts at doubling up on softeners is not to the point,
but then again either is saying that a twin tank system is the same as putting two softeners together, wouldn't you agree?

As for personal attacks, I apologize if that is the way it came off.

And if you have some horror stories to share with us,
that's all part of the education process as long as they are accurate.

The Kinetico 4060 is an excellent unit and the K5 RO stands alone in quality. I had said that his price was higher than
I am used--and quite a bit--and I'm sure he will be happy.

Thanks for your your direct response.

Old 09-07-08, 09:04 PM
C
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Biermech, I agree. Disrespectful personal attacks by someone that is constantly anti DIYer while promoting only local dealers and the Kinetico brand over all others because they are a Kinetico sales trainer and salesmen is not helpful to the people that post here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: