Whole House Water Filtration system

Old 09-10-08, 12:38 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Whole House Water Filtration system

Hi,

I am looking to install a whole house water filteration system and am torn between the Kinetico and LifesourceWater systems. Can someone please advise which is a better system?

I need a system that works, that needs little or no maintenance and that does not need replacement filters every 2-3 months.

Any advice will be greatly apreciated.

Sam

Old 09-10-08, 05:43 PM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Need water hardness, iron and chlorine levels. Kinetico is good if you need water 24/7. Don't know about Lifesource. You could get a Fleck 5600 for around $800.00 plus install. It will work quite well with miminual maintainance.

Old 09-10-08, 05:44 PM
A
What do mean: 'torn between"? Kinetico and LifeSource are worlds apart in both function and design, What do you know about the two up to this point?

Old 09-10-08, 06:29 PM
C
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You should forget Lifesource, I hear from some of their customers and they have nothing good to say. Plus, what you get is highly overpriced.

Kinetico may be way overpriced too. Especially if you do not use water 24/7.

Do you want to be dependent on a local dealer for installation, service or parts (national brands, there is only one dealer in your area and you can't go to another, so you pay whatever they want to charge you, and most will not sell parts without installing them) or... do you want to be independent and install and repair your softener yourself (or hire a plumber or handyman to install it) as a DIYer with readily available parts from many local or online dealers?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: