Autotrol 460i Water Softener

Old 09-12-08, 11:08 AM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autotrol 460i Water Softener

Hi, I just purchase a house and the house comes with water softener GE Autotrol 268/460i. I have no idea on how this system work. Could someone let me know how this works?
I open the brine tank and all I can see is white foamy water about 1/4 tank. Not sure what I need to do from here on.

Old 09-12-08, 12:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This link is the manual for that system.
https://www.pure-earth.com/PDF/268-460i.pdf
Put salt in it (should be able to find it at your local grocery store). Set it to regen and enjoy good water.

Old 09-12-08, 01:13 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biermech View Post
This link is the manual for that system.
https://www.pure-earth.com/PDF/268-460i.pdf
Put salt in it (should be able to find it at your local grocery store). Set it to regen and enjoy good water.
Sounds easy. Being that said, I dont need to clean the brine tank? and all I needed to do is to add salt in it? Do I need to add water and how much salt do I need to add?
Sorry for the stupid question, I really dont know anything about this. Thank's in advance.

Old 09-12-08, 02:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If there is no salt in the brine tank, it wouldn't hurt to clean it out. If you do, put the same amount of water back in it. If not, you can put a couple bags (40lb each). Check once a month to see where the level is. Add when you see the water above the salt is what I tell my customers.

IMO the question that is not asked is the stupid one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: