culligan silver series softener "hissing"

Old 09-18-08, 10:51 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
culligan silver series softener "hissing"

I have a culligan "silver series" water softener and it is constantly hissing, in addition to this we are getting a fair bit of calcium residue in our dishwasher, and have been told that it is because of the softener.
We have taken the brine tank and cleaned it out, added new salt, and done regenerations, but i can't figure out what else is wrong with it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-19-08, 07:56 AM
C
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hissing should be running water, do you have the noise and water going out the drain line? If you do, then there is an internal seals and piston, or brine valve possible, water leak. That will cause hard water to get through the softener.

Old 09-19-08, 08:50 AM
C
the hissing is coming from the mechanism above the resin tank, and there s no loss of water that i can tell.
does anybody know how i can fix this, if it is a big problem or just some sediment/calcium buildup in a valve, and nothing i should really worry about, or if it is something i need a repairman in quickly for?

Old 09-19-08, 06:38 PM
C
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
That part above the tank is the control valve. Check the far end of the drain line to see if water is flowing out of it while you hear this hissing.

If you can't do that, then you should call Culligan fr service because if I'm right, you have water running to drain constantly and you should see that on your water bill if you have city water. If you have your own well or septic system, this is not good for them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: