Fleck 5600 timer stuck

Old 10-03-08, 12:48 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fleck 5600 timer stuck

My unit is 5 years old. The clock is not keeping time. The timer motor is running, I checked this by taking the case off, but leaving all the gears, etc. intact and the clock kept time for an hour with no problem.

I ordered a replacement piston, seal, spacer and brine valve kit from softenerparts.com. Thought that would take care of it, but it's not keeping time still.

Any ideas on what to do next? is it possible that under pressure the timer motor simply isn't strong enough and so it is bad even though it keeps time when not under load of any kind?

Michael

Old 10-03-08, 01:15 PM
C
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't say if it is a day timer, mechanical metered or SE version but.. if a day timer or mechanical metered, when you rotate the large knob (the one to put it into a manual regeneration), does it bind or get hard somewhere in its 360* rotation back to Service?

If not it's possibly the motor or the gearing. If so, did you lube the piston and seals and the cam lobe/wheel that pushes the brine piston down? Only use Silicone grease used for plastics.

If mechanical metered, remove the meter cable from the meter and rotate the cable, does it rotate freely and turn the meter wheel on the front.

If a day timer, does the pin wheel rotate freely until a pin picks up the trigger? If you push the pins in (remembering which was out and in) does it bind?

Old 10-03-08, 01:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Michael,

The motor controls the time as well as advancing the unit through a regeneration. If all the gears look good and the motor works then the problem is with the housing.

I sent you a private message.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: