R/O system location

Old 10-10-08, 06:21 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
R/O system location

I plan on putting in an RO system when I get a softener.
I don't want it located under my sink in the kitchen cabinet because I don't want to hear it dribbling all the time.
I know I can install it in my basement and hang the system off the basement ceiling beams/joists.
But I was wondering where the best location would be.
One company said over by the the floor drain where the softener is going to be, but that is a good 15-20 feet away from the corresponding kitchen sink location in the basement.
Another guy said he would put it as close as possible to the location of the kitchen sink - of course then it's pretty far away from the floor drain.

So which is it? It makes sense to me to keep it as close as possible to the sink to help with the pressure of the system.
Will there be any problem w/ a 15-20-25 foot run of the rejected water to the floor drain?

thanks
--Dusty

Old 10-10-08, 08:08 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
It would not be a problem for the drain to run that far. If it is a down hill run, gravity will help.

Old 10-10-08, 01:39 PM
A
As biermech said that should be no problem. It is probably a 1/4 line. Further than 30 ft I would enlarge the line to 3/8" with a simple john-guest fitting. There will be some resistence but not a greeat issue.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 10-10-08, 02:27 PM
D
Thanks fellas - so the consensus is to definitely keep the r/o tank as close to the sink and point-of-use as possible.
That's what I assumed.
thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: