Culligan AC-30 RO Leaking after filter change

Old 10-21-08, 07:27 AM
E
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Culligan AC-30 RO Leaking after filter change

Hi there,
I am in need of some advice. I changed the filters on my Culligan Reverse Osmosis system last night and everything was fine until I did the last one (the carbon filter). After I got it in and pushed the locking pins back I turned the system back on and the after about 10 minutes or so it was leaking. It was leaking out of the hole the locking pins go in. Almost like it was overflowing out of that hole.

I couldn't get it to stop. I've tried everything I can think of including trying to lubricate the o-rings/seals. The other 2 containers are fine, but this one isn't. Is there any advice or anything that I might be doing wrong.

I was hoping this was a DIY project (changing the filters) and it's turning into a nightmare. I appreciate any help!!!

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-21-08, 08:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Take it back apart and look at the orings very carefully. Look of nicks or a pinch. Wipe off any excess lube. Put back together and see if leak stops. Don't force it. It should kinda "pop" into place.

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-26-08, 09:07 PM
E
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I checked the o-ring and it looks fine. I took it off and examined it and no cracks or anything. I was told by the company who sold me the new filters to add lube around the o-ring.

I'm a little dumbfounded at this point. Water is still coming out of that small hole where the metal clip goes in. Very weird. I just find it a little weird that it worked fine for years and then I switch the filters and it started leaking.

Anyway...do you honestly believe that the O-ring is the only thing that could be wrong, causing it to leak? I hate ordering one if I could try something else. Any more suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 10-27-08, 10:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The oring is the sealing point. If the unit does not have a crack, than the only other cause for a leak is the oring. Yes you do want lube on the oring, but too much sometimes causes problems. Can you change to filers around to see if it is the filter leaking? If you can change and the leak continues in the same place, than it's not the filter oring leaking.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: