GE SmartWater softener continously draining water

Old 10-26-08, 06:09 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GE SmartWater softener continously draining water

I have a GE SmartWater softener model #GNSF35Z01 installed 7 years ago +/-

I heard water coming out of the drain at an odd time so I investigated and found that it was not Recharging but that water was still pouring out of the drain.

Everything looks good on the display, no codes or anything - closed the bypass for now.

From what I could gather on this site it could be seals or a valve:
-Is there a way to troubleshoot the exact problem?

-Where do I get the replacement parts?

-Is it an easy to moderate repair?

I'd rather not replace the unit if this one can be fixed.

Thanks for your help and time,
Jeff

Old 10-26-08, 07:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They are easy to fix. Could be a drain seal or the rotor. Check out this site. http://www.kenmorewater.com/website/.../ts_index.html

It may say Kenmore, but they are made by the same company.

Old 10-27-08, 12:02 AM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My parts list calls it a Plug, Drain Salt WS22X10022 but I think from the animation it is the same as the Drain Seal - is this correct?

I found a site that sells parts - Softenerparts.com but they do not appear to have that seal. I emailed them to see if they can get the drain seal and spring. Their prices are much more reasonable than other sources I've seen online - anyone ever use these guys?

They also recommend replacing the seals that come in seal kit WS35X10005
and the venturi Nozzle gasket WS08X10005 does this sound right?

Thanks again for your time, I appreciate it!!

Jeff

Old 10-27-08, 11:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've found that GE parts are more costly than Sears. They are the same parts. This is a site you can order from.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...8280&pop=flush

The WS35x1005 is a complete kit for the inside of the valve. It's not bad to have it. Make sure you check the plug, drain seal for sticking. It is spring loaded and should return when you push it down. Don't push hard. The WS08x1005 is the venturi gasket. If it's not bad, don't replace it.

Also, check the rotor itself. If it has grooves in it, replace it. Run your finger nail across it. You will feel the grooves if it has some. If you replace the rotor, replave the rotor gasket as well.

Let me know when you have replaced the needed parts and I can walk you through a check to insure it's working.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: