Kinetico Model 60 Question

Old 10-28-08, 04:40 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kinetico Model 60 Question

I read in the spec sheet that regeneration time is 45 minutes. I timed mine and found it to be 15 minutes.. This was timed by manually turning the control disk five clicks or so while in the service mode and putting it into brine rinse. What would cause this? It has been apart recently, but I don't remember if it was doing this before. After a couple days rust can be seen in the water. If I do some multi manual regenerations the rust will clear up for a while. Thanks

Chuck

Old 10-28-08, 11:11 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
As far as I recall, improper gearing would cause this. Have you ever had the level 1 replaced? When turning the philips screw, are you sure it was only about 5 clicks?

Kinetico does make a unit that takes about 15 minutes to regen. But it is not the K60. Thisa is why I'm thinking the level 1 is wrong.

Old 10-28-08, 03:26 PM
C
are you sure it was only about 5 clicks?

quite sure, why do you ask??

Have you ever had the level 1 replaced?

I have had the gears out in the past. I have a lot of parts lying around that I got when the dealer moved to a new location. Maybe that is the problem.. got them mixed up with a model 25 maybe?? I am missing page 3 of my exploded view with part numbers.. It shows all the gears and part numbers so I have no way to check. Do you know how to tell model 60 gears?? Thanks

Chuck

Old 10-28-08, 05:03 PM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
It's been too many years since I had all the gears out of the level 1. Try to get a hold of Andy C. Maybe sent him a pm ans see if he can help. Sorry.

I asked you if you were sure about 5 clicks because you may have spun the disc too far and shortened the regen time. The gearing is what controls the amount of time it regens.

Old 10-29-08, 07:05 AM
A
A model 60 should last about 45 minutes for the complete regeneration. Part of that time are a slow brine rinse so maybe you don't hear it. But if you did mix gears, then that would explain why the timing was off.

It is all mathematical according to the gearing. If the gear stacks are aligned and in proper sets, then it would be as the data sheet states.

Andy Christensen, CWS-III

Old 10-30-08, 02:55 AM
C
I know the cycle is over because water ceases to come out of the drain hose. I monitor it right at the unit. All is silent.

Do you know where I can get a copy of page three that shows all the gears and part numbers?

Chuck

Old 10-30-08, 05:38 PM
A
Originally Posted by CLB1954 View Post
I know the cycle is over because water ceases to come out of the drain hose. I monitor it right at the unit. All is silent.

Do you know where I can get a copy of page three that shows all the gears and part numbers?

Chuck
Send me a PM. It is possible to get that info.

Old 11-05-08, 11:05 PM
send me your email, i will send the numbers you need, just be sure you pay attention to which side is for metering and for regenerating

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: