i need help with a water softener

Old 11-17-08, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need help with a water softener

I currently have an opportunity of moving my family out of a 1 br house and into a 3 br house which is next to my current house. I currently have a water softner /w chemcial tank so I am familar with water softners and usually I can smell iron in water (not rotten egg) when it starts to turn. I am alos a fix it guy so I am wanting help id the water softner in the 3 br house I maybe moving into. Its a Park International (I am also including a link to pics I took for reference). I see two of them in the basement, 1st small RF-1Z36-45 002062 max press 150 psi temp 100 hyrdodrostatic 500psi (this tank looks disocnnected and I am unsure if this 1 even works). 2nd tank big RT-1054 8-2.5T 1054 0014 max press. 150 psi temp 120 hydrostatic 500 psi (this tank is connected and can hear it running at times. There is no chemical tank. The water in the 3br does smell irony. Water test showed iron in water but water does look clear The previous renter has told me long ago that they could never get the water right and did not want to put $$ into it. I am willing to put some $$ into it but looking to do with work myself. I need info on this maybe a manual also and any suggestions would help to make this ez and not costly

Old 11-17-08, 11:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The valves are Autotrol 155's. The first thing you want to do is get a good test of the water in order know what you're dealing with. One of the tank is resin. I suspect the other tank with the valve is carbon. Don't know what the 3rd tank has in it if anything. You could go to https://www.pure-earth.com/PDF/268-460i.pdf and maybe find the manual.

Old 11-17-08, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thx

ty for pointing me in the right direction snd i am looking to get a better water test even maybe a free estimate my water test kit is missing things I used to have fish so idk if the kit from that will do. i do no a good place that give free estimates will give me an accurate info on the water quality. I am still gonna do the work myself which will save me a bundle

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: