Found this conditioning unit... need help with it

Old 11-26-08, 09:17 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found this conditioning unit... need help with it

I just purchased this home (bank foreclosure aka as is) about a month ago and I am currently remodeling it. There is a little storage unit with a lock on it on the side of house that I assumed was just for storage and was empty. I pried it open yesterday and I found this unit and am having trouble finding out anything on the web about it.

It is a General Ionics IQ0820B Bacteriostatic Water conditioner with Hygiene

I have never used or owned a water conditioner and would love to find out a couple of things...

How do I know if it is working or not?
Cost of unit?
Upkeep?
Good unit or not?
Is General Ionics still in business because I cant find a website of theirs?
and other helpful comments.....

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to posting things I actually know about on the boards.

Old 11-27-08, 11:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some of your questions can not be answered because you don't said what the water hardness is or if you have iron. Do you have chlorine in the water? As far as the unit, General Ionics is now just Ionics. There are still in business. What they sell the unit for would be $4000.00 to $6000.00. What it's worth is about $200.00. They are an OK unit because they use a Fleck valve.

Old 11-28-08, 07:43 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That could be my first problem. I have no idea how hard the water is and how much iron is in it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: