new fleck 5600 - what resin is recommended?

Old 12-16-08, 10:58 AM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
new fleck 5600 - what resin is recommended?

Ohio pure water offers 2 resin "upgrades", "fine mesh" and "SST 60" at extra cost. What is the benefit? Are they worth the price? I presently have an unrelaible GE 23K grain system that finally bit the dust so I'm going to get a 32K grain on demand Fleck based on recommendations on this board. Any preference on the mechanical vs. microprocessor 5600 SE head? Thanks.

Old 12-16-08, 11:43 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Go with the standard mesh resin. Fine mesh may restrit the water flow. As far as mechanical vs. microprocessor, I'ld go with the mechanical.

Old 12-16-08, 11:57 AM
V
Thanks. Did some research saying fine resin useful for high iron content

But iron is not a problem with my city water. Recommendations on the head vary. The mechanical on demand is simpler but the electronic unit (now the SXT) gets the nod for more flexibility, easier to set up, and automated diagnostics. I never had a problem with my electronic head GE, it was the rest of the system that was crap. There is the appeal of KISS for the mechanical. Many thanks to the forum experts for providing GREAT information!!!

Old 12-16-08, 06:14 PM
A
I don't see any need to use fine mesh resin or the SST 60.

I would put a carbon prefilter on it to eliminate to chlorine which will damage the new resins sooner or later.

Some people prefer more complicated valves where 'info' can determine working status and water use. I prefer simplicity and efficiency.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: