"extra" part arived with my Fleck 5600. What is it?

Old 12-20-08, 05:32 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
"extra" part arived with my Fleck 5600. What is it?

I've looked in the manual and several on-line installation guides without any luck. My system arrived from Ohio Pure Water late last night. The extra part looks virtually identical to the grilled portion of the bottom end of the "distributor" tube in the center of the resin tank but instead of being closed and slightly pointed on the end, this one is open on the end. The other end of the part looks like it somehow attaches to something else by a push and twist. The end of my distributor looks like it is glued together so I doubt it is a spare. I don't see anything like it in the manual's exploded parts diagram. Any ideas?

Old 12-20-08, 05:59 PM
A
This is the upper basket. It should connect to the bottom of the valve and slips down on the riser tube.

It is used to prevent resins from 'blowing' out during regeneration's backwashing stage. Very important!

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 12-20-08, 10:51 PM
V
Can't believe none of my manuals even show the &^$ thing!!

Without your advice, I would have done the install without it. Neither the factory manual nor 3 other on-line install manuals show or mention it but it fits there perfectly. I've seen other postings of resin in the house water and this is probably the cause.

Old 12-21-08, 02:09 AM
A
It has probably been detached because some backwashing filters don't use them. The media is very heavy and large openings are needed to wash out foreign matter.

Hope your set up goes smoothly.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 12-21-08, 01:05 PM
C
Originally Posted by vegas
Without your advice, I would have done the install without it. Neither the factory manual nor 3 other on-line install manuals show or mention it but it fits there perfectly. I've seen other postings of resin in the house water and this is probably the cause.
For people doing the install in the future:

http://www.ohiopurewaterco.com/shop/...Complete_2.pdf

On page 5 with picture.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: