Culligan Good Water Machine - Leaking at Faucet

Old 01-06-09, 05:57 AM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Culligan Good Water Machine - Leaking at Faucet

Hi folks, I have a Culligan Good Water Machine, Reverse Osmosis. Have had it for about 7 years. Just started leaking at the faucet. When viewed from underneath, the faucet has what looks like two outlets. One has a hose and is not leaking. The other does not have a hose, and that's what's leaking. From researching the Culligan manuals, we've found nothing that helps us figure this out, and the local Culligan service office says they have to come out for $89 just to look at it, won't give possible fixes over the phone. Is there a cap that must have been attached to stop water coming from this second hose outlet, if indeed that's what it is? Help greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 01-06-09, 07:06 AM
A
Sounds like your faucet is an air-gap type. These prevent drain water lines and RO drain lines transfering contaminants back to the RO.

Are you sure the line hasn't been disconnected? I am not sure why it didn't leak for 7 years and now it is. There could be an o-ring or a seal in the faucet that has gone bad.

http://www.freshwatersystems.com/support/AC-30.pdf

Since your RO is 7 years old, have you had the membrane changed. Check the TDS before and after the unit.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 01-06-09, 08:15 AM
J
Thanks Andy. I did move the tank around a bit to dry the area from another leak we were fixing from the disposer. I could've jostled something loose, but we've checked and re-checked the connections, and nothing is disconnected. All the diagrams show you should have multiple lines coming out of the faucet, but we only have one. The manual you found is the same one we have, but isn't detailed enough to help us figure out where the o'rings are in the faucet. There's a screw on top of the faucet, is this a good place to start? Lastly, is the membrane the same as the bladder? If so, we did have it replaced last year. Thanks again for your help.

Old 01-10-09, 09:44 AM
T
Is the main filter unit mounted under the sink? If so then the other connection with out a hose has to go to the drain or the tank depending on which one is disconnected. Generally, thier units tank connection is 1/4 inch and thier drain is 3/8 on a air gap faucet. If the main filter unit is mounted in the basement, they may not be using the drain from the faucet and may have run the drain to a place downstairs. If thats the case, your faucet is just shot and purchase and install a new RO faucet. It doesn't have to be a culligan one. Good Luck TJ

Old 09-01-09, 07:33 AM
M
Culligan Good Water Machine Push-in tubing connectors

My push-in tubing connectors on the Manifold Assembly (Model AC-30) are starting to leak (Product Water Storage tank, Product water faucet, raw water). Does anyone know if the push-in tubing connectors on the manifold assembly are replaceable, looks like they might just unscrew but not sure.

Old 09-01-09, 08:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They have plastic collars that come out. There is an o ring in it which may cause a leak or the tube is not cut straight. Try cutting a small bit off the end of the tube first. If it's the o ring, take to out and try to find on a a hardware store.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: