Kinetico regen problem

Old 01-26-09, 06:07 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kinetico regen problem

Hi, i have a ten year old kinetico high efficiency water softener. in the last month or so it has developed a problem.

It will not stop an automatic regen cycle. It continualy pumps water out of the waste pipe. i think it is the back flush cycle (i have limited room and cannot properly see where the dial is )

i need to stop it by turning the dial a couple of clicks.

If a do a manual regen it will go through the cycle and then stop on its own. This works every time i do a manual regen.

if i let it do an automatic regen it will not stop.

Any help or advice on how to fix it or strip it down would be helpful. I have been quoted 350 by a local plumber to just strip it down and have a look at it. This does not include any parts

Old 01-26-09, 07:07 AM
A
Your problem seems a little unusual unless it is happening to only one side and you happen to catch it then each time. If you can manually regenerate (initiate it) it should go through its cycle.

Is there no Kinetico dealer in your area? A local plumber won't have experience with this valve or parts to replace.

The valve may have a broken tooth in a gear on the backwash cycle.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 01-26-09, 07:24 AM
D
i have just tried 5 manual regens one after the other. it did get stuck on one regen, all the others completed within 30 mins.

I cannot find a kinetico dealer in my area, the local plumber advertises kinetico repairs which is why i called him.
I did phone Harveys who took over kinetico ( i think) Although the enquiries dept could tell me when it was bought and who supplied it, the service dept were not interested in helping me at all.

How easy is it to strip down, clean and rebuild. If its easy enough i could do this first, if i still has a problem get someone to look at it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: