Kenmore water softener not regenerating

Old 01-26-09, 03:08 PM
L
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenmore water softener not regenerating

Hello, I have a rental house with a Kenmore 625.348470 water softener that has been having problems. I have replaced the venturi and nozzle & venturi seal. On a separate occasion I replaced the rotor and disc along with all of the seals and o-rings. I performed the manual advance regeneration check as directed by the manual to verify things were working correctly. After this I thought everything was fine.

The tenant is telling me that the water softener is still not using salt. I am about to replace the entire unit. Is there something else that I am leaving out and that maybe the unit is just not cycling. It seems to work fine when running it manually.

Thanks

Old 01-27-09, 08:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A couple of things come to mine. Forgive me but is the unit on bypass? It could also be the meter. If the unit does not register water flow, it will not regen. You can push and hold the select button. Once another screen comes on, press and hold again. You should get to a screen that has 3 000's. At that time, turn on a faucet (treated water). The 000's should now be counting. If not, the meter is not turning or the meter calbe is bad.

Old 01-28-09, 08:46 PM
L
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The softener is not on bypass. I will check the meter. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: