Advice on Going about Buying

Old 01-26-09, 11:04 PM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on Going about Buying

Alright, after hours of research...i just found this forum and there is a ton of information.

i'm looking to purchase a system for my townhouse here in socal (new development) and i don't know where to start. from reading these threads, it seems as though going through culligan and paying thousands is not the smart way to go. my parents had a culligan and they swear by it.

so here are my following questions?

- should i have my water tested first by someone like culligan?
- can you somebody send me a link to some dealers who sell fleck and other good brands in the socal area?

that is it i guess...any help would be great!

Old 01-27-09, 08:08 AM
Y
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Sounds like you are on City water. Ask the local water department for copies of their monthly/quarterly/yearly lab tests. These are required to be done.

Your water probably has chlorine or some other sanitizer.

After you get the City results you can decide if you want a comprehensive organic and inorganic water test for the many, many chemicals that may or may not, be in your water. You might have to spend $300 for these tests. Call some state certified water test labs and sound them out.

Old 01-27-09, 07:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best thing you could do is have your water tested first. Then determine what size unit your need. Call local companies or go on line and ask the price for a particular unit ( 1cf fleck 5600 demand..etc). If they won't give you a price of the unit on the phone, it's too costly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: