Typical regeneration duration?

Old 01-27-09, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Typical regeneration duration?

Purchased a house with a Culligan Medalist Series conditioner. Tonight the Mrs hears water running and I discover it's flowing through the valving (and down the drain) and it's been going on for about a half hour at this point. On the plastic wheel inside the control box there's a micro switch and in my infinite wisdom I decide to play with the switch thinking maybe it's stuck and keeping the wheel from turning... ya, right. I've always told my kids - if you don't know anything about it, don't touch it. Good thing they weren't watching. Now I have an E1 on the display that I don't remember there. Is that a code? Did I do that? It's been running for almost 2 hours, is that normal?

I grabbed the manual but it tells me absolutely nothing.

Old 01-27-09, 12:26 PM
I finally bypassed the conditioner after it pumped 30 to 40 gallons past my water meter. Maybe this is normal but it seems awfully excessive to me.

Returned the valve to the normal position this morning and it's still pumping water somewhere.

Also tried to reset the display but it's stuck on E1.

Old 01-27-09, 12:48 PM
I unplugged the unit for 1 minute and that cleared the code. I set the time but don't have a clue about any of the other settings. The manual shows "how" to set them but not "where". The water flowing problem is gone, for now, so unless anyone has advice on where to place the other settings I guess I'll live with it the way it is.

Old 01-27-09, 02:46 PM
A
Does this help?

http://www.culligan.co.il/multimedia...rom%202003.pdf

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 01-28-09, 07:58 PM
Thanks, Andy, but I already have this guide.

When I find the time I'll do some more searching for the different settings and the explanations I need to understand them.

Thanks, again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: