kinetico regeneration problem

Old 01-31-09, 09:12 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kinetico regeneration problem

the system i have is a two tank system, one tank holds media,the tank is 10-54 vessel with a electronic head/timer, the other tank has a air compressor hooked to it i do have iron in the water [well] the problem is that when it regenerates the media is disappearing out of the tank my water guy tells me that it could possible be the vavle is sticking when it backwashes, he looked inside the tank to see if the tube inside was cracked or split , he could not get the top off to take out the tube he said it looked ok ,it backedwashed on weds know most of the media is gone .the sticker on the tank says kinetico quality water system i have not found the model # any where on the sticker or tank only a serial # inside the head ,does the hole head/timer need to be replaced or just the valve or is there another problem with it .

Old 01-31-09, 10:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They system you described is not a Kinetico. The company that sold the system may have been a Kinetico dealer, but the unit is not. There is really only 2 ways the media could be lost. The unit is hooked up backwards or the distributor tube/basket is broken. If you did not get media in the house, most likely the unit is hooked up backwards. If the drain line flow control is missing, you could lose resin as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: