Softner Installation: Bypass for irrigation?

Old 02-02-09, 08:10 PM
K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Softner Installation: Bypass for irrigation?

I am currently considering to buy and install water softener for my house. The problem is that I have irrigation water coming out of the house where it is totally opposite side from the city water coming into the house.

I know that correct way is to have irrigation output before the water softener. In order for me to do it, I have no choice but break down the concrete walk way and it is a lot of job.

So, one of the solutions that I thought was that the valve system would allow me to program so that softener would bypass the hard water through the house in the time of irrigation. I checked Sears and Kenmore but they don't have "hard water bypass". Another solution I thought about was to have "Automatic Bypass with timer" installed right out of softener, but I could not find such thing.

All I want is to be able to program time so that hard water can bypass during irrigation.

Does anyone has solution????

Old 02-02-09, 08:28 PM
A
I take it, you are on a slab foundation, right? Are you in a warm weather climate?

What is the irrigation used for? Is it scheduled use, occasional?

Andy Chrsitensen, CWS-II

Old 02-02-09, 09:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why don't you run a pipe under the side walk? Give more details.

Old 02-03-09, 06:18 PM
K
Yes, my house is on slab foundation. And my sidewalk is about 3 feet wide and it is connected to the stucco wall. Behind the wall is where the incoming water pipe is. Water meter is right on my driveway. So, I thing the underground pipe is underneath the concrete also.

Yes, El Paso, TX is very dry/hot weather. Irrigation is for lawn. I run 3 times a week, about 1hr each about 8am. But time can be flexible. Season for watering is from Apr to Nov.

So, as you can see, I want to avoid watering my lawn with soft water.

Old 02-03-09, 08:27 PM
There is a way to build an automatic bypass. It's a matter of how to tie it in to the sprinkler system. Is it just one zone you need the unit bypassed? I would have to draw it out first. Let me know about the zone. Also need to know if it's 12v or 24v on the zone output.

Old 02-05-09, 07:20 PM
K
I actually have 7 zones. 24V. Rainbird timers and valves. I installed by myself.

Old 02-06-09, 07:51 AM
Do all 7 need to bypass the softener?

Old 02-06-09, 10:31 AM
Kageo,
I sent you a private message.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: