Dual Tank Cabinet Water Softener Available?

Old 02-08-09, 03:22 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dual Tank Cabinet Water Softener Available?

My space is somewhat limited, so the cabinet style seems to work best. My aging Sears is due to be replaced, and I'd like to find a cabinet style softener that has two smaller resin tanks. Due to periods of extra people staying with us, my water needs vary quite a bit, and the idea of a twin tank system seems pretty nice. All the twin tank systems I've seen appear to have two large resin tanks and a separate salt bin. Does anyone make a smaller cabinet style twin tank system?

Old 02-08-09, 07:03 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Kinetico use to make such a creature. Don't know if they still have one or not. Andy will be here and he can tell you more.

Old 02-08-09, 04:27 PM
A
Yes, Kinetico makes a few 'cabinet' models. What is your hardness and incoming pipe size?

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 02-08-09, 10:36 PM
R
Andy...incoming hardness is right around 18-20 grains. Incoming pipe size is 3/4".

Thanks!

Old 02-09-09, 02:06 AM
A
Great. I forgot to ask if you have iron, too. Depending on your iron, you can use the MACH 2040s OD. This also comes with a remote salt tank that can be placed up to 15 ft away. That way the softener can be placed in the crawl space, for exmple, and the salt tank someplace convenient.

Since it is non-electric, you don't need to rewire anything. Just plumb it in and find an appropriate drain.

http://kineticoencyclopedia.com/Data...tico_2040c.pdf

Andy

Old 02-10-09, 09:01 AM
R
Andy...thanks for the response. I called the local Kinetico office yesterday. The softener you mentioned seems to have the features I'd like, but at over $2k, its more than I'd like to spend. As soon as I asked the dealer about self install and if any refurbished units were avaliable, the call got short. She said someone would call back. That was the last I heard.

Old 02-10-09, 09:32 AM
A
Sometimes asking for something out of the ordinary, the receptionist may not have all the answers. That's typical in many businesses.

Can I ask where you are from? Do you have iron issues?

I sent a PM, too.

Installing them is not too difficult by yourself if you have basic skills and tools. You would a need a different by-pass than the one on the Sears unit.

Well, let me know.
Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 02-10-09, 02:57 PM
R
Thanks Andy...I dropped you a note with information specifics. I live in the Minneapolis area and am on city water. No iron issuses that I'm aware of.

For others reading this post, are their other twin tank cabinet systems, or is Kinetico the only company that makes something like this?

Old 02-10-09, 03:53 PM
A
Harvey (or Crown), a British company makes one, but not availble in the US, yet.

Fleck and Bauer make twins but not in cabinet form or not in small sizes. Clack and Hague make an attempts to fit two single units together but work on a different principle, and don't make compact units.

Kinetico is the only maker that makes small, efficient units as you are requesting.
Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Got your PM, thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: