Cabinet Water Softener with Clack Controller?

Old 02-12-09, 08:44 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cabinet Water Softener with Clack Controller?

My search for a twin (dual resin tank) cabinet system ended up pointing towards Kinetico. While I'm sure its a great product, its just to expensive for me. After reading a number of posts, I'm now thinking that a cabinet model with a Clack head is the direction I'd like to move on. So far, I could find only one that is manufactured by a company called Water-Right out of Wisconsin. Are there others? We have four people in the household, are on city water, and hardness is around 20 grains. I'm assuming the iron count is minimal, as whatever we have is currently being taken care of by our existing softener.

Thanks!

Old 02-12-09, 09:24 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Yes, Watts has them available. Pretty much any dealer can get a cabinet model softener. They come with Fleck, Clack or Autotrol valves.

Old 02-12-09, 09:36 AM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Biermech. Cabinet models that I've seen are shorter than separate (standalone) systems. Are the resin tanks special for cabinet models?

Old 02-12-09, 09:43 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Kinda sort of. The cabinet models use a 10x35 resin tank for a 1 cf unit. But for a seperate system, they use a 9x48 resin tank. You will treat the same amount of water with either a 1 cf cabinet or a stand alone unit. Just different configurations.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: