Which Brands Should I Consider - Water Treatment?

Old 02-21-09, 10:11 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Which Brands Should I Consider - Water Treatment?

I recently moved from a farm with well water treated by Rainsoft and now am in Baltimore County in a small townhouse. The water has not been tested yet, but I know it contains chlorine and perhaps flouride. I did call a local Rainsoft person, but once I read advice to others on this site decided to wait. I also know there are polybutylene pipes coming into the home but that copper has been installed from the entrance to the house. Many thanks for any ideas you may have in getting me started. My plan is to begin by taking water samples to a local testing company....thank you so much!!! Missy

Old 02-21-09, 12:23 PM
A
I prefer Kinetico systems for removing both chlorine and hardness but there are many choices. I would look at your drinking water quality also.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 02-21-09, 01:20 PM
M
thanks, Andy

I am not only concerned with the quality of drinking water, but also the water hardness. Thank you for the tip. I will look into Kinetico. Missy

Old 02-22-09, 05:46 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Get your water tested and post the results. We will be more than happy helping you treat your water.

Old 02-22-09, 09:14 AM
Y
Received 24 Upvotes on 23 Posts
Tested, that is, by a state certified lab. Not the salesmen who come to your house.

Your water is overseen by a district of some sorts. Ask them for their monthly/quarterly reports which are public info.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: