Kenmore water softener model 625.348491

Old 02-28-09, 01:21 PM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenmore water softener model 625.348491

I have this water softener since 2001. recently, each time a toilet was flushed, the water flow from any faucet reduced to very little. I had cleaned the value and disassmbly the rotary value, there was no blockage nor demage on the parts. I also back flush the softener several times recommended by Sears' service rep. but so far the problem is still there. any suggestions?
(the rotary value position seems normal and works, the water filling level is about 1/3 of tank. If using by-pass, there is no such problem.)

Old 02-28-09, 02:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds to me the resin is bad. Remove the valve head from the tank. Remove the upper basket and with a tube, stick it in the tank to retreive some resin. Try to smash it between your finger and thumb. They are tiny beads and if the smash, the resin is bad.

Old 02-28-09, 05:01 PM
D
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Before you unscrew the cap on the resin tank, depressurize it. That sears rep might be able to tell you the procedure, or it might be in this forum somewhere ?

Maybe the kenmore units are different, but I know my Echowater manual states very clearly that the tank is under full pressure normally. (50psi should bean that cap off your forehead nicely.. lol)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: