Kinetio 2030 or 4040 or better one

Old 03-10-09, 12:40 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kinetio 2030 or 4040 or better one

when the rep tested our water (its city water) it had 23 gpg.

I got a quote for K-2030 with carbon/Chlorine prefilter and an RO for $5000, and was not given any choice is the selection about various model in Kintico. And i was under the impression kinetico makes only one residential model and even Kinetico web site din;t list any models.

But after reading this thread and Andy's comment on 4040 and K5 RO, i asked the sales rep for an quote for that, and i got 5K for 4040 and 1600 for the K5. and was told i don;t need the 4040 since its an overkill.

My question is do i need 4040 or i 2030 with pre-filter is good for me. And the initial quote for RO is not K5, i was told its a Kintico challenger no model number was given to me, i am little skeptical about this RO system.

what would 4040 and K5 with installation cost.

i am sure i would buy the K5 RO, but is there any suggestion for the softner which to chose. or any alternatives.

thanks

Old 03-10-09, 07:10 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I haven't been with a Kinetico dealer for a number of years so I can't really answer your questions, but have a question of my own. Why would you want to pay $5000.00+ to treat your water? You can get quailty equipment for 1/5 the cost.

Old 03-10-09, 07:25 AM
A
No, Kinetico a very wide range of of softeners, softener/filters and filtration systems. I agree, the kinetico website is not very technical and it is meant to give general information to spark interest.

Kinetico has an RO that you called the 'challenger'. That would be the K2 model. I call it the apples-to-apples model. It has no special features, design enhancements or meant for special applications. It is just a simple design meant to go neck and neck with the competition. It does have a much longer warranty including two years on the membrane. Knowing the K5, I would not get the K2. But it can be for some.

I don't know what your hardness and other water quality test results were. Can you share those with us?

The 4040 is a great model but the 2030 would work wonderfully as well. Where are you located? Who told you you don't need a 4040? The sales rep?

I sent a PM as well.

ANdy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 03-10-09, 08:14 AM
A
biermech , when i started looking for water softner, i was looking for reliable company's product, like Culligan or Kinetico, in my known circle most of them have Culligan and only 2 had Kinetico and was told it is the best in the market.

I am currently open to other good water softners and RO filters. If you may give an make and model to have peace of mind for next 10+ year with the unit.

I even looked into Consumer Report and found no useful info on water softner.

Old 03-10-09, 08:24 AM
A
Andy, The hardness as told by the Kinetico Rep is 23. No other test has been done, I will ask our city water report, if i get one i will post it back.

yes, my sales rep was saying 2020 with prefilter is enough for my need.

I am located in Dublin in the Bayarea.

Old 03-10-09, 10:46 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I've dealt with Fleck control valve for about 19 years. The 5600 metered demand system will last 20+ years with minor maintenance. Chlorine in the water will take it's toll on "any" softener. Removing the chlorine prior to a softener will not only protect the softener but will also improve the taste of the water. The water may be to your liking and an RO would not be needed. This can be done for a fraction of the cost.

Old 03-10-09, 05:48 PM
A
Originally Posted by Avila View Post
Andy, The hardness as told by the Kinetico Rep is 23. No other test has been done, I will ask our city water report, if i get one i will post it back.

yes, my sales rep was saying 2020 with prefilter is enough for my need.

I am located in Dublin in the Bayarea.

I'm having a little doubt on your water treatment expert. Do not get a 2020. It is too small for your water hardness. I have only done one of those and that was on 8 grain water. Its max water hardness is 23 grains so it would be maxed out...within specs but not recommended.

Also, didn't he test TDS or chlorine? Did he use a computer in his presentation?

I can get you equipment specs if you care to know more.

The K5 is a fantastic unit if you want great RO water.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: