kinetico quad 50 resin

Old 04-17-09, 05:11 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post kinetico quad 50 resin

when changing out the carbon of a kinetico quad 50, does the resin have to be replaced also even though they are in seperate tanks?

Old 04-17-09, 06:56 PM
A
How old is the system? Generally, no, the resins do not need to be changed. If they are changed, use a fine mesh resin.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 04-17-09, 08:10 PM
M
Actually, i'm considering buying a refurb kinetico quad 50. I'm just wondering how difficult it would be to change out the carbon. We're on city water and the chlorine affects my kid's skin pretty badly (rashes, dry skin, painful for them).

Is this something that requires the local serviceman? I'm a pretty handy DIYer.

I'm also considering buying a different system where i would also purchase a cartridge and carbon filter, but i'm afraid these would have to be changed much too often.

Which approach would be most cost effective? The kinetico 3 to 5 year carbon or the 1 to 6 month filter change? The kinetico guy says he charges 250 to change out carbon, but i think i can do it myself.

Old 04-18-09, 09:43 AM
A
You should be able to do it yourself. A local plumbing supply center can provide you with carbon media. It might take two people to separate the tanks...just to hold and turn.

Since you are getting it used, I would change the resins too. It just makes sense to make it like new.

Andy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: