Ultima Water System Model VI

Old 04-24-09, 03:40 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ultima Water System Model VI

I need to replace all the filters as well as the membrane for a Ultima RO system.

Can someone tell me what steps i need to take before i open any of the filter compartments?

Thanks!

Old 04-25-09, 08:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Turn off the main feed water line. Should be tapped into the cold water line. Turn off the tank valve. Open the RO faucet and relieve the pressure. If the faucet continues to drip, the feed water is not turned off completely.

Old 05-02-09, 04:21 PM
M
thanks and more questions

Thanks for the reply Biermech. I was able to change out the filters.

However, now i have additional questions. I upgraded from a 24 GPD to a 150 GPD membrane (i found a good deal) but now i am wondering if i should have done that. I hear alot of water being drained just to produce the pure water. I guess GPD also means more water wasted?

Also, when i serve a glass of water, it tastes very good and is odorless, but it is not clear. It is foggy when it comes out. After i let it sit for a while the foginess disappears. I think this is oxygen, but how can i keep it from doing that?

One last question; i was also trying to increase the amount of pressure coming out of the faucet. I thought that by putting a bigger membrane i would accomplish that, but the faucet still pours out water very slowly. Does anyone know how i can increase the pressure?

Thanks again!!

Old 05-03-09, 01:00 PM
Changing the membrane may not have been good. The flow controller regulated the flow across the membrane. If you did not change the flow controller, if may foul prematurely.
The cloudyness is coming from the carbon. It will go away within a week.
The bladder tank is suppose to have 6 lbs air pressure when the tank is empty. If the pressure is low, the flow will be low. The only way to increase the pressure is to install a pump.

Old 05-04-09, 04:53 PM
M
Actually, i did change the flow control to match the 150 GPD membrane. I ordered them together based on a table provided by the website. But it still seems that i am wasting more water this way so i think i will go down to 50 GPD. It is still more than the 24 GPD i was getting before.

The cloudiness is gone so all is well on that front.

As far as the bladder goes, there is a nozzle on the side where air can be introduced into the bladder. Can i use this nozzle to introduce some air into the tank with a compressor or are there special tools required for this? How can i measure the current air pressure?

Old 05-05-09, 09:00 PM
The metal tanks have them on the side. The plastic ones have them on the bottom. 6 lbs is not much. Using a compressor will work, but you may end up putting too much air which will cause the unit not to be able to store as much. The more pressure, the less volume.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: