culligan mark 100 now what?

Old 04-28-09, 09:19 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
culligan mark 100 now what?

Hello everybody.
I have a Cullingan Mark 100 water softener that has been giving me problems for the last couple years, The unit is about 8 years old and I have called the Culligan man out a couple times to find out why we have no soft water And each time they inform me that there is no brine draw then clean or replace the eductor and leave after ensuring that there is vaccuum on the brine line. all appears to work properly for a short while but then we loose our soft water only to go through the whole procedure again. (I haven't added salt for 2 years) This time I bought an eductor kit and installed it but still have no vaccuum on the brine line.
What should I look at next?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim

Old 04-28-09, 01:58 PM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
If you don't have a draw, you must have an overflow? Or at lest the water in the brine tank is high? Check the drain line. If it's pinched or blocked, it will stop the draw.

Old 04-28-09, 03:35 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
biermech
Thank you for the reply.
You are right in the fact that the water level is high in the tank but I blew through the drain line and there are no restrictions.
it should be noted that when I removed the steel cap to get to the eductor the water was under pressure below it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: